Complaints after overflowing dog bins filled with cat litter and dirty nappies
- Credit: Archant
Overflowing dog poo bins in Hutton have been filled with cat litter and dirty nappies, causing complaints from villagers.
Bins in Hutton are being used to dispose of inappropriate animal waste, such as rabbit pellets and cat litter.
On one occasion, dirty nappies were reportedly shoved into a bin.
Hutton Parish Council has agreed to install ‘dog waste only’ signs at each of the 17 bins across the village.
Of these, bins in Moor Lane, Church Lane and adjacent to Elmhurst play area are said to be the worst affected.
You may also want to watch:
However, a spokesman for the parish council said inappropriate items were being left on top of the bins, giving the impression they were overflowing.
A date for installation has yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Similarly, a recent online Mercury poll revealed 87 per cent of readers believe Weston Town Council is not doing enough to improve dog waste collections in the town.