Dog walkers start clean up group to tackle Weston dog fouling
- Credit: Archant
Weston dog walkers started a clean-up group after their park became overrun with dog poo.
Mel Woodward and Kelly Adderley, from Weston, collected 37 bags of dog poo in Clarence Park last weekend.
The women undertook their first pick up after setting up the Poop Pick Weston-super-Mare Facebook group in November.
Woodward, who works as a dog groomer, says she wanted to do something to improve the reputation of dog walkers in Weston.
She said: “We want to show people in the town that dog walkers really do care about the community.
You may also want to watch:
“We noticed a lot of people being named and shamed on Facebook recently, but we’re not about that. People are quick to winge on social media, but we wanted to do something positive instead.”
Woodward and Adderley are inviting volunteers to attend their next pick up in Grove Park on January 13.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards