Dog walkers start clean up group to tackle Weston dog fouling
- Credit: Archant
Weston dog walkers started a clean-up group after their park became overrun with dog poo.
Mel Woodward and Kelly Adderley, from Weston, collected 37 bags of dog poo in Clarence Park last weekend.
The women undertook their first pick up after setting up the Poop Pick Weston-super-Mare Facebook group in November.
Woodward, who works as a dog groomer, says she wanted to do something to improve the reputation of dog walkers in Weston.
She said: “We want to show people in the town that dog walkers really do care about the community.
You may also want to watch:
“We noticed a lot of people being named and shamed on Facebook recently, but we’re not about that. People are quick to winge on social media, but we wanted to do something positive instead.”
Woodward and Adderley are inviting volunteers to attend their next pick up in Grove Park on January 13.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism