Dog rescued from cliff face
9am 05.11.07 - A DOG had to be winched to safety after getting trapped on the side of a cliff.
A DOG had to be winched to safety after getting trapped on the side of a cliff.
The golden retriever called Woody became stuck on a ledge near Brean Down Fort after he slipped down the cliff face on Sunday afternoon.
Burnham's Coastguard Cliff Rescue Team was sent to the scene at around 3pm after the dog's owners called 999.
Coastguard officer Dave Welham said: "The dog was stuck on a crevice at the foot of the cliff and was unable to get back up."
You may also want to watch:
A team member was lowered down the rock face on a rope to bring the four-year-old dog back to its owners.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 10 beauty spots in North Somerset