Dog rescued from house fire

PUBLISHED: 10:26 14 October 2011

Archant

A DOG was rescued from a house fire in Weston yesterday afternoon (Thurs).

Firefighters were called to a house in Cecil Road at 5.15pm after neighbours spotted smoke coming out of an upstairs window.

Two fire engines from Weston Fire Station went to the scene, where crews found a fire had started in the downstairs dining room.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the building to make sure it was empty and found a pet dog in the kitchen.

Fortunately, the kitchen door was shut and had stopped much of the smoke getting to the dog, which meant it was carried to safety unharmed.

Firefighters then used two high pressure hose reels to extinguish the flames, which is thought to have been started by an electrical fault.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists