Dog rescued from house fire

PUBLISHED: 09:12 15 October 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A DOG was rescued from a fire at a Weston home yesterday evening.

The fire in the house in Cecil Road was spotted by neighbours, who called Avon Fire and Rescue at around 5.14pm.

Firefighters found the home empty, but a fire was taking hold in the ground floor dining room.

They also found a dog in the home’s kitchen, and rescued the animal before putting out the blaze with high-pressure hose reels.

The cause of the fire is thought to be an electrical fault.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists