Dog rescued from house fire

PUBLISHED: 08:09 08 February 2018

Archant

A dog was rescued from a house fire last night (Wednesday) after three fire crews tackled the blaze.

Two crews from Burnham-on-Sea and one from Bridgwater were called to West Avenue, in Highbridge, at 10.06pm after flames were seen coming from inside the house.

Firefighters made sure everyone was out of the building before putting out the blaze, which started in the kitchen.

After extinguishing the fire, a dog was evacuated at 10.28pm.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen of the property, the kitchen was smoke damaged and also five percent smoke damage was made to the remainder of the premise.

“The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, positive pressure ventilation fan and breaking in tools.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists