Churchill Brownies receive valuable donation from village shop
- Credit: Archant
A village shop has donated cash to Churchill Brownies as part of a fundraising campaign.
Staff at Langford Budgens have raised £93 for the group after the cause was nominated by the shop’s customers.
The donation will go toward the Churchill Brownies’ Something For Every Girl campaign, which aims to update activities for girl guides across the UK.
A spokesman for Churchill Brownies said: “The new programme delivers a varied range of activities, with plenty of badges to earn.
“New topics, skills and ways for girls to broaden their horizons have also been introduced.”
You may also want to watch:
John Tout, managing director of Budgens, said: “We want to support our community with the opportunity to fundraise for the causes close to their hearts.
“Our customers chose Churchill Brownies so the money will go directly to its new programme.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup