Churchill Brownies receive valuable donation from village shop
- Credit: Archant
A village shop has donated cash to Churchill Brownies as part of a fundraising campaign.
Staff at Langford Budgens have raised £93 for the group after the cause was nominated by the shop’s customers.
The donation will go toward the Churchill Brownies’ Something For Every Girl campaign, which aims to update activities for girl guides across the UK.
A spokesman for Churchill Brownies said: “The new programme delivers a varied range of activities, with plenty of badges to earn.
“New topics, skills and ways for girls to broaden their horizons have also been introduced.”
You may also want to watch:
John Tout, managing director of Budgens, said: “We want to support our community with the opportunity to fundraise for the causes close to their hearts.
“Our customers chose Churchill Brownies so the money will go directly to its new programme.”
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid