Scouts group wins £1,000 for renovations
- Credit: Persimmon Homes
A scout hut in Weston has received a generous cash donation from a regional house-builder for scout hut renovations.
1st Milton Scout Group received £1,000 as a part of Persimmon Homes Severn Valley's Community Champion initiative.
The group currently has more than 160 participants aged six to 18 and is supported by 30 volunteers.
Scout leader Gemma Kattana said: "We're in the process of renovating our scout hut which hasn't been touched in 30 years.
"Not only will the renovated hut be a safer and more suitable facility for our scouts, we also hope to open it up to the community."
You may also want to watch:
The house-builder's national programme seeks to support organisations working to improve the quality of life for locals.
Carly Spear, head of sales at Persimmon Homes Severn Valley, said: "We are delighted to be able to support the group in their fundraising efforts."
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity