Scouts group wins £1,000 for renovations
- Credit: Persimmon Homes
A scout hut in Weston has received a generous cash donation from a regional house-builder for scout hut renovations.
1st Milton Scout Group received £1,000 as a part of Persimmon Homes Severn Valley's Community Champion initiative.
The group currently has more than 160 participants aged six to 18 and is supported by 30 volunteers.
Scout leader Gemma Kattana said: "We're in the process of renovating our scout hut which hasn't been touched in 30 years.
"Not only will the renovated hut be a safer and more suitable facility for our scouts, we also hope to open it up to the community."
You may also want to watch:
The house-builder's national programme seeks to support organisations working to improve the quality of life for locals.
Carly Spear, head of sales at Persimmon Homes Severn Valley, said: "We are delighted to be able to support the group in their fundraising efforts."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years