Donkeys predict the results of the World Cup
- Credit: Archant
TWO donkeys are preparing to predict the winners of the World Cup.
As the world gears up for the World Cup kick off later today (Thursday) the two donkeys are placing their bets.
Puxton Park’s miniature donkeys, Alistair and Derek, named after the park’s owners, are hoping to reach the same level of fame as Paul the Octopus.
Paul hit the headlines in 2010 when he successfully predicted the results of eight consecutive World Cup matches.
Paul died shortly after the tournament leaving many wondering who was going to continue his legacy.
You may also want to watch:
Thankfully the Puxton pair have stepped in and head of the park, Sarah Warren, said: “Puxton is gearing up for the World Cup celebrations and our two donkeys want to be part of the action.”
The pair will be given the choice of two feed boxes ahead of each game.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
Each box will contain the flag of one of the competing teams.
Both Alistair and Derek have sniffed out England to be triumphant in their upcoming match against Italy on Saturday.
Ms Warren said: “We’re hoping their England prediction comes true and that we could have our very own Somerset World Cup psychics on our hands.”