Village care home gifts Christmas lunches to combat loneliness
- Credit: Country Court Care
A care home in Draycott is offering free Christmas lunches to people in the village and its surrounding areas who would otherwise be alone on December 25.
The Laurels Care Home, in Westfield Lane, is taking part in the Community Christmas campaign which believes no elderly person should be alone during the festive period.
Guests are being invited to dine at the home to enjoy a traditional home-cooked Christmas lunch in the company of residents and family members.
The care home’s manager, Becky Green, said: “This will be a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and make new ones, creating bonds in the community which will last well beyond a single day.
“We are delighted to be involved with the scheme, I would hate to think someone living just a few doors away from us would be alone on Christmas Day.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a place for the Christmas meal, call Becky on 01934 742649.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife