Village care home gifts Christmas lunches to combat loneliness
- Credit: Country Court Care
A care home in Draycott is offering free Christmas lunches to people in the village and its surrounding areas who would otherwise be alone on December 25.
The Laurels Care Home, in Westfield Lane, is taking part in the Community Christmas campaign which believes no elderly person should be alone during the festive period.
Guests are being invited to dine at the home to enjoy a traditional home-cooked Christmas lunch in the company of residents and family members.
The care home’s manager, Becky Green, said: “This will be a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and make new ones, creating bonds in the community which will last well beyond a single day.
“We are delighted to be involved with the scheme, I would hate to think someone living just a few doors away from us would be alone on Christmas Day.”
You may also want to watch:
To book a place for the Christmas meal, call Becky on 01934 742649.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice