Village care home gifts Christmas lunches to combat loneliness
- Credit: Country Court Care
A care home in Draycott is offering free Christmas lunches to people in the village and its surrounding areas who would otherwise be alone on December 25.
The Laurels Care Home, in Westfield Lane, is taking part in the Community Christmas campaign which believes no elderly person should be alone during the festive period.
Guests are being invited to dine at the home to enjoy a traditional home-cooked Christmas lunch in the company of residents and family members.
The care home’s manager, Becky Green, said: “This will be a great opportunity to meet up with old friends and make new ones, creating bonds in the community which will last well beyond a single day.
“We are delighted to be involved with the scheme, I would hate to think someone living just a few doors away from us would be alone on Christmas Day.”
To book a place for the Christmas meal, call Becky on 01934 742649.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision