Driver hospitalised after car crashes into house
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed into a house near Wedmore, last night (Sunday).
Fire engines from Cheddar and Wells and a rescue tender from Glastonbury were sent to Cheddar Moor Road, in Clewer, at 6.50pm after a car crashed into a property.
The driver had exited the vehicle before the crews from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service arrived.
Fire crews used props to secure the property before using a winch to remove the vehicle from the building.
A structural engineer was called out to ensure the building was safe.
You may also want to watch:
A small gas leak was found and the gas board attended to isolate the mains.
The driver of the vehicle was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 9 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards