Driver hospitalised after car crashes into house
- Credit: Archant
A car crashed into a house near Wedmore, last night (Sunday).
Fire engines from Cheddar and Wells and a rescue tender from Glastonbury were sent to Cheddar Moor Road, in Clewer, at 6.50pm after a car crashed into a property.
The driver had exited the vehicle before the crews from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service arrived.
Fire crews used props to secure the property before using a winch to remove the vehicle from the building.
A structural engineer was called out to ensure the building was safe.
You may also want to watch:
A small gas leak was found and the gas board attended to isolate the mains.
The driver of the vehicle was taken to hospital by ambulance.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism