Drugs bust on estate
POLICE arrested a man on a Weston estate following a drugs raid.
South ward officers carried out the drugs warrant on Friday evening in Monkton Avenue on the Oldmixon.
They recovered what they believe to be cocaine with a street value of approximately �700 and a large quantity of cash.
Police arrested a 37-year-old man on suspicion of possession of criminal property and possession of a class A drug with intent to supply.
He has been bailed pending further enquiries until August 4.
PC Andy Vallender told the Mercury: “We want to take a positive stance against drug dealing.
“I would like to see more people come forward with information about drugs.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 3 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 6 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 7 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 8 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 9 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 10 Funding and inflation behind concerns over Portishead rail project
“You see a lot of children playing near where the warrants are being executed and we want to make it better for them for the future.”