Drugs raid in Burnham
28.11.07 - 3PM - AN 18-YEAR-OLD man s house has been raided in Burnham.
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man's house has been raided in Burnham.
The suspect was arrested at his address in Worston Lane this morning (Wed) after police officers acted on a Misuse of Drugs Act warrant. He remains in custody.
Over the last four weeks raids have been carried out around Abingdon Street, Smith Way, Huntspill Road and Worston Lane.
Four people have been arrested and two cautions were given. In each case what is believed to be cannabis has been found, with suspected class A drugs in Huntspill Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers are warning they will not let up on anyone dealing, using and misusing illegal substances.
Anyone wanting to report drug-related activities can call 0845 4567000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare