Duo scale mountains for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Two intrepid adventurers have raised hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare by completing the formidable Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge.
Wendy Clarkson and Michelle Nalley took on the 26-mile route - which includes a total ascent of more than 5,000ft - in under 12 hours.
The challenge saw the duo scale Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, raising £850 for the hospice.
Wendy and Michelle decided to support the hospice in recognition of its work supporting Wendy's friend Sarah.
Wendy said: "It has been an absolutely fantastic adventure spending quality time walking and talking, sweating and shivering.
You may also want to watch:
"Of course, the big reason we have done this is to raise money for Weston Hospicecare and we are really grateful to all of our supporters for their generosity and send a huge thank you to them all."
You can still sponsor the pair at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wendy-clarkson2
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 10 John Crockford-Hawley column: Rigged art will put Weston on the map