Duo scale mountains for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Two intrepid adventurers have raised hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare by completing the formidable Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge.
Wendy Clarkson and Michelle Nalley took on the 26-mile route - which includes a total ascent of more than 5,000ft - in under 12 hours.
The challenge saw the duo scale Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, raising £850 for the hospice.
Wendy and Michelle decided to support the hospice in recognition of its work supporting Wendy's friend Sarah.
Wendy said: "It has been an absolutely fantastic adventure spending quality time walking and talking, sweating and shivering.
You may also want to watch:
"Of course, the big reason we have done this is to raise money for Weston Hospicecare and we are really grateful to all of our supporters for their generosity and send a huge thank you to them all."
You can still sponsor the pair at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wendy-clarkson2
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston