Duo scale mountains for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Two intrepid adventurers have raised hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare by completing the formidable Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge.
Wendy Clarkson and Michelle Nalley took on the 26-mile route - which includes a total ascent of more than 5,000ft - in under 12 hours.
The challenge saw the duo scale Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, raising £850 for the hospice.
Wendy and Michelle decided to support the hospice in recognition of its work supporting Wendy's friend Sarah.
Wendy said: "It has been an absolutely fantastic adventure spending quality time walking and talking, sweating and shivering.
You may also want to watch:
"Of course, the big reason we have done this is to raise money for Weston Hospicecare and we are really grateful to all of our supporters for their generosity and send a huge thank you to them all."
You can still sponsor the pair at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wendy-clarkson2
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset