Police officer fighting for life after serious collision
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is fighting for their life after a serious collision.
Emergency services were called to the A38 between the East Brent roundabout and Church Lane, Badgworth, just after 1.30am after a marked police car was involved in a one-vehicle road traffic collision.
The officer, who has not been named, had to be freed by fire services and was taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
Two police dogs who were also in the vehicle at the time of the collision were taken straight to a veterinary hospital.
They were checked and had not suffered any injuries.
Caroline Peters, Head of Tri-Force Specialist Operations, said: “Our thoughts are with our officer and his family and we’re supporting them and our colleagues through this difficult time.”
Bristol Road was closed from the Mendip Road junction to Kingsway, Tarnock, but has now been reopened.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property