Police officer fighting for life after serious collision
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is fighting for their life after a serious collision.
Emergency services were called to the A38 between the East Brent roundabout and Church Lane, Badgworth, just after 1.30am after a marked police car was involved in a one-vehicle road traffic collision.
The officer, who has not been named, had to be freed by fire services and was taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
Two police dogs who were also in the vehicle at the time of the collision were taken straight to a veterinary hospital.
They were checked and had not suffered any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Peters, Head of Tri-Force Specialist Operations, said: “Our thoughts are with our officer and his family and we’re supporting them and our colleagues through this difficult time.”
Bristol Road was closed from the Mendip Road junction to Kingsway, Tarnock, but has now been reopened.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?