Police officer fighting for life after serious collision
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is fighting for their life after a serious collision.
Emergency services were called to the A38 between the East Brent roundabout and Church Lane, Badgworth, just after 1.30am after a marked police car was involved in a one-vehicle road traffic collision.
The officer, who has not been named, had to be freed by fire services and was taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
Two police dogs who were also in the vehicle at the time of the collision were taken straight to a veterinary hospital.
They were checked and had not suffered any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Caroline Peters, Head of Tri-Force Specialist Operations, said: “Our thoughts are with our officer and his family and we’re supporting them and our colleagues through this difficult time.”
Bristol Road was closed from the Mendip Road junction to Kingsway, Tarnock, but has now been reopened.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid