Speed limit to be lowered in well-known accident blackspot?
- Credit: Archant
Councillors have called for the speed limit to be lowered in a well-known accident blackspot to prevent dangerous driving.
Somerset County Council has released a proposal to lower the speed limit on the A38 between the Edithmead roundabout and East Brent from 60 to 40mph.
The proposal follows a long campaign launched by Sedgemoor District Council.
Cllr Bob Filmer, who led the charge to slow down the road, said: “The speed limit changes from 30mph to 40mph, before becoming unrestricted.
“People speed up to make up for lost time but you quickly hit a junction, followed by a number of very busy turnings.
You may also want to watch:
“This is extremely dangerous patch of road and we want to get speed down to a managable level.”
The proposal is open to public consultation.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 9 PICTURES: Weston Moonlight Beach Walk raises £25,000
- 10 Weston Beach Race returns to Weston this weekend
Feedback should be submitted to Somerset County Council, Traffic Management, B2 West, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY, quoting reference KT25012019 by March 5.