Speed limit to be lowered in well-known accident blackspot?
- Credit: Archant
Councillors have called for the speed limit to be lowered in a well-known accident blackspot to prevent dangerous driving.
Somerset County Council has released a proposal to lower the speed limit on the A38 between the Edithmead roundabout and East Brent from 60 to 40mph.
The proposal follows a long campaign launched by Sedgemoor District Council.
Cllr Bob Filmer, who led the charge to slow down the road, said: “The speed limit changes from 30mph to 40mph, before becoming unrestricted.
“People speed up to make up for lost time but you quickly hit a junction, followed by a number of very busy turnings.
You may also want to watch:
“This is extremely dangerous patch of road and we want to get speed down to a managable level.”
The proposal is open to public consultation.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Feedback should be submitted to Somerset County Council, Traffic Management, B2 West, County Hall, Taunton, TA1 4DY, quoting reference KT25012019 by March 5.