PICTURES: Thousands visit Weston for sunny Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bright sunshine, temperatures soaring past 20C in April and not a cloud in the sky - has this been the most un-British Easter bank holiday for years?
Glasses were very much half full, often with beer or water, as thousands of people took advantage of the glorious weather to enjoy Weston-super-Mare at its finest.
The warm four-day Easter bank holiday weekend, unsurprisingly, meant Weston seafront was packed, with beach-lovers heading to the sand and businesses doing a roaring trade.
Many holidaymakers headed to The Grand Pier to have a go on the games and arcades on offer, while Weston High Street, the Italian Gardens and waterpark also were popular spots for people to visit.
While the average temperature for this time of year would be in the mid-teens, North Somerset was blessed with very pleasant highs of about 22C.
You may also want to watch:
It meant Weston enjoyed warmer weather than many parts of the continent.
As is often the case though, unfortunately, the coastguard and RNLI teams have been kept busy.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
There have been several call-outs with people reportedly stuck in the mud, or in danger of becoming entrenched.
However, thankfully, none of the incidents have proved to be serious.