PICTURES: Thousands visit Weston for sunny Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
Bright sunshine, temperatures soaring past 20C in April and not a cloud in the sky - has this been the most un-British Easter bank holiday for years?
Glasses were very much half full, often with beer or water, as thousands of people took advantage of the glorious weather to enjoy Weston-super-Mare at its finest.
The warm four-day Easter bank holiday weekend, unsurprisingly, meant Weston seafront was packed, with beach-lovers heading to the sand and businesses doing a roaring trade.
Many holidaymakers headed to The Grand Pier to have a go on the games and arcades on offer, while Weston High Street, the Italian Gardens and waterpark also were popular spots for people to visit.
While the average temperature for this time of year would be in the mid-teens, North Somerset was blessed with very pleasant highs of about 22C.
You may also want to watch:
It meant Weston enjoyed warmer weather than many parts of the continent.
As is often the case though, unfortunately, the coastguard and RNLI teams have been kept busy.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Independent brewery launches Crowdfunder for business expansion
There have been several call-outs with people reportedly stuck in the mud, or in danger of becoming entrenched.
However, thankfully, none of the incidents have proved to be serious.