Bristol Airport announces the return of flights to Egyptian resorts
- Credit: easyJet
Bristol Airport has announced two new routes to destinations in Egypt.
EasyJet flights to the Egyptian resort of Hurghada are now operating twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the winter.
The new service is expected to carry more than 13,500 customers this winter.
Ali Gayward, easyJet's UK country manager said: "As the largest airline at Bristol we're focused on strengthening our network and providing our customers in the South West with great value services by offering low fares, a convenient schedule and more choice when they travel."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport, added: "The destination opens up further choice and flexibility of flights available to passengers in the region selecting to fly from their local airport. This additional route demonstrates the long-term collaboration and joint growth strategy between easyJet and Bristol Airport."
The airport has also announced a return of flights to Sharm El Sheikh next summer.
Holiday company TUI is offering package deals to various destinations, including the Tui Magic Life Sharm El Sheikh and Reef Oasis Blue Bay resort from May.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 7 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 8 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
The area along the coast of the Red Sea is known for its breathtaking scenery, year-round dry climate with hot summers and warm winters, long stretches of beautiful natural beaches and clear, calm seas.
Mark Hall, director of product and destination experience for TUI UK and Ireland, said: "At TUI we're committed to offering our customers an outstanding choice of holidays across the globe.
"Sharm El Sheikh was always a hugely popular destination and I am delighted to confirm that we are reintroducing the Egypt favourite to our summer 2020 programme.
"In response to customer demand, our first flights will operate from Bristol in May 2020 and our resorts are all looking forward to welcoming our customers back with a smile."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport added: "It shows the strength of demand in the region and TUI's commitment to Bristol Airport by reintroducing the Sharm El Sheikh flights next year."