Bristol Airport announces the return of flights to Egyptian resorts
- Credit: easyJet
Bristol Airport has announced two new routes to destinations in Egypt.
EasyJet flights to the Egyptian resort of Hurghada are now operating twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the winter.
The new service is expected to carry more than 13,500 customers this winter.
Ali Gayward, easyJet's UK country manager said: "As the largest airline at Bristol we're focused on strengthening our network and providing our customers in the South West with great value services by offering low fares, a convenient schedule and more choice when they travel."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport, added: "The destination opens up further choice and flexibility of flights available to passengers in the region selecting to fly from their local airport. This additional route demonstrates the long-term collaboration and joint growth strategy between easyJet and Bristol Airport."
You may also want to watch:
The airport has also announced a return of flights to Sharm El Sheikh next summer.
Holiday company TUI is offering package deals to various destinations, including the Tui Magic Life Sharm El Sheikh and Reef Oasis Blue Bay resort from May.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
The area along the coast of the Red Sea is known for its breathtaking scenery, year-round dry climate with hot summers and warm winters, long stretches of beautiful natural beaches and clear, calm seas.
Mark Hall, director of product and destination experience for TUI UK and Ireland, said: "At TUI we're committed to offering our customers an outstanding choice of holidays across the globe.
"Sharm El Sheikh was always a hugely popular destination and I am delighted to confirm that we are reintroducing the Egypt favourite to our summer 2020 programme.
"In response to customer demand, our first flights will operate from Bristol in May 2020 and our resorts are all looking forward to welcoming our customers back with a smile."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport added: "It shows the strength of demand in the region and TUI's commitment to Bristol Airport by reintroducing the Sharm El Sheikh flights next year."