Bristol Airport announces the return of flights to Egyptian resorts
- Credit: easyJet
Bristol Airport has announced two new routes to destinations in Egypt.
EasyJet flights to the Egyptian resort of Hurghada are now operating twice a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the winter.
The new service is expected to carry more than 13,500 customers this winter.
Ali Gayward, easyJet's UK country manager said: "As the largest airline at Bristol we're focused on strengthening our network and providing our customers in the South West with great value services by offering low fares, a convenient schedule and more choice when they travel."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport, added: "The destination opens up further choice and flexibility of flights available to passengers in the region selecting to fly from their local airport. This additional route demonstrates the long-term collaboration and joint growth strategy between easyJet and Bristol Airport."
You may also want to watch:
The airport has also announced a return of flights to Sharm El Sheikh next summer.
Holiday company TUI is offering package deals to various destinations, including the Tui Magic Life Sharm El Sheikh and Reef Oasis Blue Bay resort from May.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
The area along the coast of the Red Sea is known for its breathtaking scenery, year-round dry climate with hot summers and warm winters, long stretches of beautiful natural beaches and clear, calm seas.
Mark Hall, director of product and destination experience for TUI UK and Ireland, said: "At TUI we're committed to offering our customers an outstanding choice of holidays across the globe.
"Sharm El Sheikh was always a hugely popular destination and I am delighted to confirm that we are reintroducing the Egypt favourite to our summer 2020 programme.
"In response to customer demand, our first flights will operate from Bristol in May 2020 and our resorts are all looking forward to welcoming our customers back with a smile."
Nigel Scott, business development director at Bristol Airport added: "It shows the strength of demand in the region and TUI's commitment to Bristol Airport by reintroducing the Sharm El Sheikh flights next year."