Eat:Vegan goes down a treat in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Crowds of people flocked to eat:Vegan at the weekend.
People could sample tasty treats from more than 50 food and drink traders at the Winter Gardens in Weston on Sunday.
The popular event attracted producers who sold butter and cheese alternatives, sauces, pasties and chocolate.
Organiser Sarah Milner Simonds said: "It was lovely to back inside the Winter Gardens with such a great range of producers.
"We wanted to showcase local producers who made top-class products, that happen to be vegan.
You may also want to watch:
"It was lovely to reconnect with so many food and drink festival regulars who came to stock up and try new products from producers they know and love."
The event has been running for two years in Weston, which proved to be a success again this year.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Co-organiser Bev Milner Simonds said: "We both want to thank to Weston BID and Somerset Life magazine for their support."