Eat:Vegan goes down a treat in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Crowds of people flocked to eat:Vegan at the weekend.
People could sample tasty treats from more than 50 food and drink traders at the Winter Gardens in Weston on Sunday.
The popular event attracted producers who sold butter and cheese alternatives, sauces, pasties and chocolate.
Organiser Sarah Milner Simonds said: "It was lovely to back inside the Winter Gardens with such a great range of producers.
"We wanted to showcase local producers who made top-class products, that happen to be vegan.
You may also want to watch:
"It was lovely to reconnect with so many food and drink festival regulars who came to stock up and try new products from producers they know and love."
The event has been running for two years in Weston, which proved to be a success again this year.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
Co-organiser Bev Milner Simonds said: "We both want to thank to Weston BID and Somerset Life magazine for their support."