Yatton development welcomes first movers
- Credit: Curo
People have begun moving into a newly-developed housing estate in Yatton.
Eaton Park, between Arnold’s Way and the North End roundabout junction, has 154 homes and welcomed its first homeowners; a couple from Taunton who has moved to be closer to family.
David, aged 80, and Frances, 78, decided they wanted to be closer to their son, daughter and four granddaughters who all live in Yatton.
David told the Mercury and Times that the decision to move went down well with their relatives.
He said: “We did not want to be travelling the motorway all the time anymore - it is no fun these days.
"Our children were delighted when they heard we wanted to move.”
Frances added: “After speaking with a sales negotiator, we decided then and there that we were going to buy this house and Curo helped us choose everything, from our kitchen to flooring and tiles.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
"Although it was off-plan it was easy for us to see it’s where we wanted to live.”