Highbridge school welcomes international students
- Credit: Archant
A Highbridge school has welcomed four international students, who joined their community to study A-levels.
The students travelled to The King Alfred School Academy from Switzerland, Norway, Germany and Switzerland, resulting in a total of 10 overseas students to join the academy school in the past two years.
Nora Bering, aged 16, from Heidelberg,in Germany, is living in Weston and commutes each day to study psychology, sociology and German.
She said: “I wanted to go to the UK to improve my English skills and get to know the British culture. After this I want to go to university and plan to become a teacher.”
Marco Domeniconi, from Italy, is studying drama, business and psychology A-levels.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I plan to stay here the next year as well to get my A-level in drama and apply it to pursue an acting career either in the UK or in the USA.”
- 1 Council plans to introduce 20mph limit in Weston
- 2 Plans to demolish North Somerset pub refused
- 3 Bristol Airport 'confident' after euro airline commits to daily routes
- 4 Rough sleepers evicted from Weston park
- 5 New owners bring guest house back into family name
- 6 Why is taking part in the Census 2021 survey important?
- 7 Weston MP looking forward to a 'new normal' post-Covid
- 8 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 9 Café to hold outdoor music events and stream gigs, thanks to grant
- 10 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale