Academy pupils are really smart... in their new free uniforms!
EVERY pupil at a new academy in Weston has been given a full set of school uniform for free.
Hans Price Academy in Marchfields Way gave the uniform to each of its 750 pupils at the start of last term after it changed from Wyvern Community School.
The uniform would have cost parents up to �72.50 for each pupil.
Principal Armando Di-Finizio said: “It was decided as an initial opening initiative to give every student a free blazer, tie and PE kit to ensure everyone began in the new school on an equal footing.
“We knew from previous experience in other schools in the Cabot Learning Federation that a smart new uniform would give the students a sense of pride in their academy and their community.
You may also want to watch:
“All of our students turned up on day one in full uniform and thanks, in part, to the continued support of our parents, standards have been maintained.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery