Author to open new school classroom
AUTHOR Eileen Browne will officially open a Somerset school’s foundation unit next week.
The Stepping Stones unit at Rodney Stoke First School is one of very few of its kind in the county.
It includes an extended classroom, kitchen area and an enclosed outside play area, and provides a breakfast club.
Eileen, who has written several children’s books including Handa’s Surprise, will open the unit at 2.30pm on Tuesday.
Cathy Lowe, headteacher, said: “We are delighted that Eileen has agreed to officially open our foundation unit.
You may also want to watch:
“The unit gives children an excellent start to their education and its introduction has also enabled us to provide a breakfast club facility, which is proving very popular with working parents.
“Eileen will also be signing copies of her books during the afternoon.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 6 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 7 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?