Axbridge pupils gear up for pageant
AXBRIDGE First School pupils have been furiously practicing their Maypole dancing in the run-up to the town’s 2010 pageant.
Their first outing at the recent Axbridge Church Fete was an enormous success with the Maypole taking centre stage as part of the fete’s historical theme.
The children are now gearing up for the three-day pageant, a colourful historical re-enactment of over 2,000 years of Axbridge’s rich past, which is only held every 10 years.
Performances take place from 3pm to 5pm throughout the event, which runs from August 28 to 30.
Entertainment includes drama from Roman and Saxon times, ‘Hanging’ Judge Jeffries, Monmouth’s rebel army, Methodist reformer Hannah More, through to the Elizabethans and Victorians, the coming of the steam railway, both world wars, on to the present day.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost �15 per person, �8 children/concessions or �40 for a family ticket for two adults and two concessions.
They can be ordered at www.axbridgepageant.org.uk or 07931 638631.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced