Business tips from banking expert
- Credit: Jeremy Long
BUSINESS degree students attended a specialist lecture by an American IBM global banking expert.
Californian Aeriel Wolanow talked to the business management and sustainability students about the importance of corporate social responsibility and cultural awareness.
The Weston-based customer relationship management leader said: “I was really impressed by the students and I have worked with teams of people in more than 40 countries.
“This is about business with a focus on sustainability and how to establish your role in meetings.
“I will sometimes not use my title when I speak so people don’t put me in a box – a lack of clarity can sometimes help a meeting.”
You may also want to watch:
The students also had the opportunity to receive one-to-one feedback from Aeriel on the business plans they will be creating for their dissertations.
Business lecturer, Angela Midgley, added: “The students thought he was fascinating.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Restart grant for businesses re-opening after lockdown