Virtual tours available for new village primary school
- Credit: CLT
Parents will be able to take virtual tours of a primary school due to be built at North End in Yatton next year.
Chestnut Park Primary stated that plans remain on schedule for its first intake of reception classes to join in September of next year.
Due to North Somerset's tier three restrictions, the school is yet to have prospective parents on-site but is ready to roll out its digital solution.
Once open, Chestnut Park will be run by the Clevedon Learning Trust (CLT) - which oversees several schools in North Somerset.
CLT's chief-executive, John Wells, said: "We want everyone who is interested in sending their child to Chestnut Park to be able to see the modern facilities for themselves and hear about our vision for the school.
"We wanted to host tours of the school, but because of restrictions, this has not been possible.
"‘The virtual tour uses photos, video and audio to showcase what Chestnut Park will be like when it opens."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Another spokesman for the school stated that, despite being in tier three, construction has not been affected by the restrictions and the school is still expected to be finished in January.
Tours can be booked through www.clevedonlearningtrust.org.uk/ChestnutPark and parents can apply for a place in reception classes by logging on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/schools-learning/school-admissions