Another Weston Academy has partially closed due to the coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
Churchill Academy announced classes for Year 12 students are suspended from today (Wednesday).
The school, in Churchill Green, has stated students in year seven, 11 and 13 are expected to attend as normal.
More: Coronavirus forces Weston schools to partially close.A statement on the academy’s website reads: “Any student who has symptoms of Covid-19 is advised should stay off school for seven days.
“Anyone in the household of someone with symptoms of Covid-19 should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.”
As a result of the corovirus crisis, the academy has also cancelled parents evening for year 11 students and options evening for year eight students.
The drug sense parents talk, Outward Bound residentials and Weston Schools Enterprise4U Business challenge have also been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The Duke of Edinburgh Silver practice expedition will be rescheduled.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street