Another Weston Academy has partially closed due to the coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
Churchill Academy announced classes for Year 12 students are suspended from today (Wednesday).
The school, in Churchill Green, has stated students in year seven, 11 and 13 are expected to attend as normal.
More: Coronavirus forces Weston schools to partially close.A statement on the academy’s website reads: “Any student who has symptoms of Covid-19 is advised should stay off school for seven days.
“Anyone in the household of someone with symptoms of Covid-19 should stay at home for 14 days from the day the first person got symptoms.”
As a result of the corovirus crisis, the academy has also cancelled parents evening for year 11 students and options evening for year eight students.
The drug sense parents talk, Outward Bound residentials and Weston Schools Enterprise4U Business challenge have also been cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
The Duke of Edinburgh Silver practice expedition will be rescheduled.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston