WESTON College has been praised for its commitment to education.
Geoff Russell, the chief executive of the Skills Funding Agency, which helps to fund and regulate adult further education in England, visited The Hub in Locking Road.
The site, also known as the South West Skills Campus, aims to re-engage unemployed young people who are not in education or training.
Mr Russell said: “I salute the college’s commitment to employer engagement.
“Providing employers with the skills they need for economic recovery and growth will be crucial over the coming months and years and from what I have seen on my visit, Weston College is well placed to meet this challenge.”
You may also want to watch:
n Pictured: Geoff Russell with students Alexia Bardi and Jamie Booty and lecturer Russell Grainge.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation