Cutting-edge course at Weston College
A NEW course to learn cutting-edge web design and app building is being offered at Weston College under a new ‘access to higher education’ pathway.
The access to HE Diploma in web design is aimed at people aged 19 and up, especially those who do not possess the right qualifications for university but would like to pursue a career in this specialised field.
Course tutor Steve Harries said: “Course enrolment begins very soon and we’d really like to hear from people who think they could make a career in web design but feel they haven’t the correct qualifications to gain entry to university.
The course, which begins on September 5, is a three-day-a-week, full-time module that lasts for nine months.
The cost of the course is �1,080, but there is a concessionary price of �155 for people on benefits, those over 19 who have not got 5 GCSEs, or equivalent at A*-C.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harries said: “Students will have the opportunity to develop their own web design project, giving them real skills that will take them forward to university or assist them in employment or self-employment as a web designer.”
To find out more about the course please contact Steve Harries at Weston College by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01934 411591/592/787.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery