Drawing competition that celebrates grandparents
WINNERS were announced in a drawing competition to celebrate grandparents.
Hannah Price and Naomi Belchamber won the competition which was organised by Beach Lawns care home in Weston for Lancaster House School.
Residents of the care home joined the pupils for the competition and were able to spend some time chatting to the children.
Susan Lewis, headteacher of the school thought the day was a good opportunity to bridge the generation gap.
She said: “The children were presented with the prizes by the residents from the care home.
You may also want to watch:
“They then had a chance to ask questions to the ladies about their time growing up in Weston.
“Some of the pupils are doing a project of the growing up during the war, so they were able to ask questions about their experience at that time.”
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery