Former Weston school pupils get together
MORE than 140 former pupils from a Weston grammar school held a reunion at the Royal Hotel this month.
Some came from as far as Canada to meet with former classmates and exchange stories over lunch.
Former pupil Charlie Usher, aged 82, gave a talk about his experiences as a veteran European Table Tennis Championship player.
The oldest pupil from Weston Boys and Girls Grammar Schools was 86-year-old Rosemary Parcell, who graduated from the school in 1941.
The former pupils attended the school between 1922 and 1971.
You may also want to watch:
Both men and women attended the reunion together even though the grammar schools were gender-divided until they were merged into Broadoak Comprehensive in 1971.
Rosemary Hodges, spokesman for the event, said: “It was a most enjoyable day.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 7 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“We certainly go down memory lane but we exchange stories about our lives too.”
She also praised organiser Jeff Hynds for his hard work at getting the group together.