Hans Price Academy students achieve best GCSE results in school’s history
- Credit: Archant
Students at Hans Price Academy have achieved the best GCSE results in the school’s history.
Sixty-two per cent of students achieved a 9 to 4 grade in both english and maths and 41 per cent of students achieved the 'strong pass' benchmark of 9 to 5.
More than half of the students, 65 percent, attained 9-4 standard pass grades, with nearly a fith of students attaining grades greater than a 7.
Principal, Tony Searle, said, "This is the first year in the history of any school on this site that more than 60% of students have met the government threshold for GCSE qualifications including English and maths.
"This represents an increase of eight percentage points on our previous record high.
You may also want to watch:
"The fantastic work ethic of the staff and students at the Academy along with our culture of 'Ready to Learn' have contributed significantly to this success.
"It's great to be able to celebrate these results in a year when we are oversubscribed into Year 7 for the first time. "We are looking forward to doing even greater things over the coming year."
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
Students Jakub Trybull, Corey Gibbons, Sarah-Louise Weston and Emma Page recieved the top marks at the Academy achieving 13 grade 9's and seven distinction stars between them.