GCSEs: Strong results at Sidcot School
SIDCOT School’s headteacher praised students after they achieved an impressive set of GCSE results.
A total of 87 per cent of students achieved five or more A* to C grades (83 per cent including English and maths), and 13 per cent of students were awarded A* grades.
Students achieved highly in maths and the sciences, with 30 per cent of maths students gaining A*s and 96 per cent gaining A* to C.
Among the local students at the school to achieve highly were Gwen Davies, who gained seven A*s, three As and a B, Olivia Smith from Banwell who got eight A*s, an A and two Bs, and Alice Dingle from Bleadon who achieved four A*s, six As and a B.
Headteacher John Walmsley said: “We are very pleased with these results which show an excellent level of achievement for our students.
You may also want to watch:
“This has been a particularly good year for the girls and they are to be congratulated for their hard work and very strong results.
“Statistically over the years there has been no difference between boys’ and girls’ achievement at Sidcot (for either GCSE or A-level) and we believe that this is very important for our young people, especially as there is an ever widening gap between boys’ and girls’ achievement at a national level.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston