Glittering ceremony for school leavers
A GLITTERING graduation ceremony was held for pupils of Wyvern Community School in Weston last week.
More than 250 staff, students and their families attended a glittering graduation ceremony at the Winter Gardens last Thursday.
The prestigious event showcased the 2010 school leavers work and recognised their achievements with a host of awards and the presentation of their GCSE certificates.
Entertainment was provided by the current year 10 and 11 BTEC dancers, Wyvern’s own singing group Youth in Harmony and former year 11 student, Katie Vowles’ own composition Remains of a Broken Heart played on the piano.
Headteacher Judith Mee said: “It has been an honour to play tribute to this group of young people.
You may also want to watch:
“Their GCSE results were the best ever for Wyvern Community School with 60 per cent A*-C grade. This spectacular evening was a fitting end to their time at the school.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters