Graduation for primary school pupils
PUPILS in Weston enjoyed their graduation for a programme aimed at children’s development at home.
Bournville Primary School in Selworthy Road hosted the ceremony for the Save the Children’s programme Families and Schools Together (FAST).
The programme aims to increase parents’ engagement with their children’s learning.
Over a period of eight weeks participants take part in a range of activities such as cooking a family meal, reading and playing games and providing an opportunity to form closer links with the school and the community.
Mark Chapple from Save the Children said: “We’re delighted to have held our first FAST project in Weston and that it has been such a great success.
You may also want to watch:
“The graduation celebration is a great achievement and shows how proud the families are to have taken part.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 10 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant