Hospicecare awarded for dedication to training
WESTON Hospicecare has been awarded for its ‘Commitment to Training within the Voluntary Sector’.
It received the honour as part of Weston College’s Excellence in Business Training Awards 2010.
The hospice has been working closely with the college’s Business Enterprise Centre for several years to enable staff and volunteers to gain the relevant skills and qualifications needed for their roles.
Tracey Chinn, head of human resources, said: “This award really reflects the dedication and commitment that our staff and volunteers have to Weston Hospicecare.
“Without our volunteers we simply would not be able to function to support the patients that come through our doors every day, we are extremely lucky to have such a loyal group of people.”
You may also want to watch:
Alison Kingscott, a trustee of the hospice and director of human resources for Weston Area Health NHS Trust, collected the award.
She said: “This is extremely well deserved - the hospice staff and volunteers do a fantastic job in caring for the patients and raising the vital funds that are needed to keep the hospice running every year – congratulations Weston Hospicecare!”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
If you are interested in volunteering, contact Liz Rees on 01934 423975, 01934 423973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org