Kids enjoy Worle mini-festival
THE rain did not stop Worle revellers from having a good time on Sunday.
Live music, a pig roast and plenty of fun and games were enjoyed at a mini-festival.
The event, organised by Mendip Girls Football Club in conjunction with Mendip Green First School, was held at the school grounds.
There were displays of dancing and singing from community groups and lucky youngsters got to sit inside a helicopter.
Mendip FC, which is the only all-girl football club in the South West, formed four years ago and now has five teams with players aged 11-16.
You may also want to watch:
The club, which is recognised by the Football Association, relies on fundraising for pitch fees, kit and equipment, and organisers hope the event will now encourage more girls to think about football.
- 1 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston