Magic pie-eating contest
A SOMERSET school has become a very different kind of academy this week – of witchcraft and wizardry.
The Kings of Wessex Academy in Cheddar has chosen a magical theme for this year’s charities week.
Students dressed like famous Harry Potter stars will be enjoying a range of magical fun to raise money.
It all started earlier this week with a Hogwarts feast: a pie-eating contest.
Mango and butternut squash pies were served with cockroach clusters and butter beer.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Rowntree, a student reporter at the school, said: “The feast disappeared as if by magic, leaving Jake Taylor and Nathan Worcester victorious and whetting the students’ appetites for the spellbinding week ahead.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 3 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston gymnasts impress on Great Britain duty at European Championships
- 8 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 Help to preserve local landmarks by nominating a heritage site