Magic pie-eating contest
A SOMERSET school has become a very different kind of academy this week – of witchcraft and wizardry.
The Kings of Wessex Academy in Cheddar has chosen a magical theme for this year’s charities week.
Students dressed like famous Harry Potter stars will be enjoying a range of magical fun to raise money.
It all started earlier this week with a Hogwarts feast: a pie-eating contest.
Mango and butternut squash pies were served with cockroach clusters and butter beer.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Rowntree, a student reporter at the school, said: “The feast disappeared as if by magic, leaving Jake Taylor and Nathan Worcester victorious and whetting the students’ appetites for the spellbinding week ahead.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston