Magical maths workshops
SCHOOL pupils across Weston enjoyed a week of maths based activities to coincide with Pi Day yesterday (Weds).
Youngsters enjoyed a mathematical magic workshop where they witnessed seemingly impossible tricks before discovering how they were done using arithmetical logic.
Pupils at Hans Price Academy, Priory Community School, Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College and Worle Community School enjoyed a range of maths events to tie in with Pi Day throughout the week.
But this week is also National Science and Engineering Week.
Priory Community School pupils showed off their Stem Cast award, a prize given out to the pupils who could create the best video explaining a scientific concept.
You may also want to watch:
Their entry, showing how to use a Bunsen burner safely, won the year seven and eight category.
Gavin Smart, science teacher at the school, said: “They were really pleased, as they worked well and were creative in how they wanted to shoot the video as well.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend