Martin Clunes’ chicken killed
A FOX put paid to a school’s chicken adoption scheme when it massacred a group of hens which had been let out of their coop by someone who broke into the school.
Hans Price Academy in Marchfields Way had offered people the chance to sponsor one of its eight chickens for �5 a year.
The scheme had proven a big success, and even earned celebrity backing from Men Behaving Badly star Martin Clunes. But an intruder climbed over the school’s wall and let the chickens out on Friday night, leading to all but one of the animals being killed by a fox.
Hans Price’s Helen Bliss said: “The kids are devastated because they raised them.
“We are offering people the chance to get their money back but everyone has been very understanding and told us to keep it. We are hoping to put it towards new chickens, so people can sponsor them instead.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank everyone for their help. We have had a really good response, and lots of friends of hens on Facebook.”
She said if new chickens are bought, they will be kept in a more secure place.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 3 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 6 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 7 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?