Mini music festival for college open evening
A MINI music festival will be held at Weston College’s University Campus as part of an open evening tomorrow.
The festival, which will take place in Knightstone Road, will feature performances from students on the college’s National Diploma in music, while their colleagues will crew the stage.
Sam Casey, a music technology student, who is in his second year, has been the sound engineer for a number of Weston College gigs.
He said: “It’s fun and gives you the great experience of working with industry professionals. And there’s always the possibility of work in the future with these guys”.
Band performances are scheduled from 5-8.30pm and joining Weston College students will be young musicians and singers from Priory and Worle schools.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Raymond, curriculum manager for music courses at Weston College, said: “One of the secrets of the way that the music industry works is that all the industry jobs are filled by networking. It’s all about getting to know people and building up a range of contacts.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable