New classrooms for school
PUPILS at a primary school in Weston are set to get new classrooms thanks to a �2.25million funding boost.
Milton Park Primary School wants to replace three temporary teaching blocks with two new ones, plus a storage facility.
The school, in Milton Park Road, aims to make the improvements because, it says, the current classrooms are in a poor condition.
There will, however, be no increase in pupil capacity at the school following the work, which is now subject to planning approval from North Somerset Council.
It follows a grant from the unitary authority to improve classrooms and, at a later stage, create a 15-pupil pre-school and two learning zones.
You may also want to watch:
The council expects to make a decision on the school’s planning application for new classrooms by the end of July.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend