New Culture Makers scheme launched in Weston
- Credit: Culture Weston
Culture Weston is calling on people in Weston to join a new team of culture makers to help make a difference as safe, outdoors events return to the town.
In the coming months, creative activities have been planned by a range of local organisations, including music, dance, comedy, theatre, poetry, street art and more, taking place in an array of locations from parks to public squares.
Culture makers aims to harness people power from those who can give a little of their time to assist at these events and support others wishing to access cultural experiences.
There is something for everyone to be involved in, from volunteering a few hours at a one-off event to helping out at larger festivals.
Becky Condron, Culture Weston’s community connector, said: “Whether you want to build existing social connections, make new friendships, enhance your skills or simply support your local community, Culture Makers invites residents to get in touch and help make Weston zing with creativity.
“By giving your time, you’ll be playing an important part in bringing a programme of culture to the town and also have the chance to enjoy the many great events coming this way.”
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced