New garden for Weston nursery
CHILDREN are able to take risks in a safe environment in a new garden in Weston.
Honeytree Day Nursery and Preschool in Grange Road opened its new garden, which used to be part of Weston General Hospital’s car park.
Cutting the ribbon was two-year-old Lucy Hofgartner and Niamh McCloskey, aged three, who won the chance to open the garden in a competition.
Bernadette Rosewell, manager of the nursery and pre-school said: “It is taking risks in a safe environment.
“This means within the garden we have logs and bricks and things teaching them how to problem solve and what they can and can’t do.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s absolutely amazing – it has changed the nursery completely and how the children learn.
“Based on research, children learn best in outdoor environments and when they are problem solving and investigation which become so much better when outside.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced