New York company chooses Weston student
A TOP Weston College graphic design student was chosen by a New York-based property company to create a new logo, and scooped a cash prize for his efforts.
George Butter, who is studying for a foundation diploma in art and design, decided he wanted to do a graphic design competition for his final major project.
George, aged 19, found a website which gives designers the chance to win contracts from businesses across the United States by working to briefs and uploading designs. The winner then gets the commission and a fee.
George said: “The brief was quite specific. They wanted to show direction and navigation into a brighter future, so I came up with a design based on a compass.
“There were six or seven other designers in the running and in total 102 designs were submitted.”
You may also want to watch:
After a two-day judging process George’s design was chosen and he was sent $250 for his efforts.
The logo is now being used on the company’s website, as well as on all its promotional material.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site