Next steps for college students
WESTON College students took the next steps on their career path at a higher education and careers event.
Employers and representatives from 26 universities and 22 companies gathered at Weston College and gave advice to almost 600 students.
Universities including Cambridge, Cardiff, Bath Spa and UWE were represented and staff from companies and organisations including Barclays, Sainsbury, EDF and the Armed Forces also attended.
Art and design students Chelsea Inglis and Sophie Aldridge, both aged 16, of Weston went along to see what their options may be.
Chelsea said: “We both want to do something in the media. I’m interested in make-up and Sophie wants to go into costume design.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t realise that Bournemouth does the kind of courses we’re looking for, so that’s an option. It was definitely worth coming to the event.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable