Photo gallery - half-term fun
A HISTORY extravaganza took place in Weston this half-term week.
Weapons, gladiators and old coins from significant historical periods were on display at North Somerset Museum throughout the school holidays.
The educational week aimed to put a human face to the past as re-enactment groups dressed up as characters from times gone by.
The event, in Burlington Street, allowed inquisitive kids and their parents the opportunity to handle objects, try on clothes and armour and talk to the characters to find out more about how their ancestors lived.
Momentous historical periods covered included the Roman era as well as Georgian, Norman, Tudor and life during The Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
CLICK on the link at the top right-hand side to see the photos.
? CHECK out this Thursday’s Weston Mercury to see our history week spread
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston