Pre-school announces plans for move
PLAY time at a North Somerset pre-school could get even more fun if bosses are able to raise more than �100,000 to move into a larger premise.
Locking Pre-School has announced plans to leave its base at the village hall for Locking Primary School in Meadow Drive.
The move, which would include building a single-storey extension at the school, would cost �117,000.
To meet the price, the pre-school has applied for community funding and is launching a Buy a Brick Campaign.
Bosses are also co-organising the annual village fete on the village park in Grenville Avenue at 2pm on July 16.
You may also want to watch:
In a planning application submitted to North Somerset Council, the pre-school said a park and stride scheme would be set up to combat any potential parking issues.
The scheme would involve parents parking off Old Banwell Road and walking their children across a field to the east side of the school, avoiding the main car park.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
A consultation on the move has already been held with parents, the school and staff.
A print business which currently occupies part of Locking Primary School is moving to a new premise in the summer.