Pupils raise awareness of exam stress with film
- Credit: Archant
A team of year eight students from Weston-super-Mare’s Broadoak Mathematics and Computing College are hoping to raise national awareness of exam stress, after a film they made on the topic was launched this week.
The Lagatay team – which consists of Lottie, Taylor and Agata – entered their Don’t Stress, It’s Pointless film into the Sharp Shotz film-making competition earlier this year and were chosen as winners by judges.
The film was then produced by the BBC and final-year animation students at the University of the West of England, and the girls launched their campaign at an event with industry experts at the Watershed in Bristol on July 13.
Agata said: “The aim of the film is to raise awareness of exam stress and the impact it has on young people, and provide provisions in all schools for exam stress.
“The Government has made exams more difficult and the number of students suffering is increasing – we want to stop things getting worse.”
You may also want to watch:
The film follows the story of one female student who struggles with anxiety and a panic attack after learning she is due to take an exam.
The girls have approached Weston’s MP, John Penrose, regarding the film and hope that he will raise the issue in Parliament. They are also seeking sponsorship so they can deliver stress balls to schools in North Somerset.
Click this link to view the film on YouTube, or to learn more, search #DontStressItsPointless on Twitter.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s