School place deadline approaches
PARENTS have until October 31 to apply for secondary school places for their children for next year.
Those with younger children due to start primary school next September are also being reminded they must complete their applications by January 15.
Parents of children who are in their final year at an infant or first school should also apply for a junior school place by this date.
Applications must be received by the closing date otherwise they may not be considered in the first round of allocations. Late applicants have less chance of being offered their preferred school.
Parents can name up to three preferences and may apply for schools both within and outside North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
Applications can be made online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/admissions
Paper application forms are available from the council’s school admissions and transport team, at Weston’s Town Hall.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 8 Man charged with murder after woman dies 21 years after being set on fire
- 9 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
For more details call 01275 884 078 or email email@example.com